2016-2017 Joshua Expeditions / SBACS
Outstanding Musicians Online Application
The Joshua Expeditions Outstanding SBACS Musicians Award Program is a one-time scholarship payable to the college of the student’s choice and mailed in August 2017.
Criteria for Eligibility
All Outstanding Musicians (OM) applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered:
- Minimum non-weighted GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale for Grades 9-12.
- College-bound high school senior who will graduate in May or June 2017 and who will enroll as a full-time student in a 4-year college or university in the Fall of 2017.
- A full-time student in an SBACS member school enrolled in the equivalent of four or more 1-hour credit courses during senior year.
- Eligible students are high school seniors who are highly involved in music, show a superior level of musical skill, and demonstrate an active faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Applicants may apply based on either vocal or instrumental expertise.
- Scholarship awards are based on the recommendation of music directors and teachers, a successful audition CD, and evidence of the student's Christian faith noted in the application form and biographical sketch submitted.
- Applicants may be of any race, national origin or either sex.
- Completed online application, letter of recommendation, and transcript must be postmarked to the Miramar office, listed at the bottom of this web page, by January 30, 2017.
Audition CD Requirements
- Send audition CD (no videos or DVDs) 10-15 minutes in duration to 14359 Miramar Pkwy. Suite 333 Miramar, FL 33027 (Please do NOT send certified mail).
- The recording should include at least two unedited movements or pieces representing different styles.
- Selections should be chosen to demonstrate technical dexterity as well as expression and tone quality.
- Include a sacred piece of your choice.
- Include a chromatic scale that exhibits the range of your instrument or voice.
- If you are auditioning vocally, one of the numbers on the recording must be a piece considered acceptable at a state music contest; a second piece of contrasting tempo, style or language is preferred.
- If you are auditioning instrumentally, one of the numbers on the recording must be a solo from the solo/ensemble list in your state (if your state does not have a list, your director may suggest a comparable piece).
- If you are auditioning as a percussionist, you must audition on at least two contrasting instruments.
- Perform with high technical quality to allow the review committee to assess your performance accurately.
- Label the CD with your name, instrument/voice, school name, city and state.
- For judging purposes, attach the musical score of the movements or pieces included on the audition CD.
- Include the Audition CD Affidavit, signed by you, that verifies you performed the music on the audition CD.
Music Teacher/Director Recommendation Form
Audition CD Affidavit
THIS FORM IS CLOSED - NO FURTHER APPLICATIONS CAN BE ACCEPTED